>> This site is independent of the NHS and the Department of Health – We Cover England And Wales Only <<

Untimely diagnosis of coronary artery disease

Helping people affected by NHS negligence. Call us today for free impartial advice.

Prevention is almost always better than cure and there are few conditions of which this is more true than heart disease. Heart problems are treatable by angioplasty, medication and changes to the patient’s lifestyle, which can delay or prevent a heart attack. When not diagnosed, heart problems will usually get worse over time, raising the risk of a serious cardiac arrest.

You may have a claim for medical negligence

Early warning signs of that heart disease is developing include fatigue, frequent indigestion, mood swings, sleep disturbance and shortness of breath. If these symptoms become more pronounced, or a accompanied by heart palpitations, heart murmur or other cardiac irregularity, then a heart attack may be imminent.

Medical professionals should be aware of these warning signs and refer patients for further tests, but they are often overlooked. If you or your family have been affected by a doctor’s failure to diagnose heart disease in time, you may have a claim for medical negligence compensation and should seek legal advice without delay.

Can I sue the NHS?

Before making a claim it is worth taking note of the following point.

Check that your medical issues are grounds for negligence, and not a simple complaint procedure. Complaints about procedure dissatisfaction, or seeking an apology / admission for lack of care / treatment should go to PALS. Read more about suing the nhs.

When you might have a claim

Injury, continuous pain or loss due to the act of a practitioner or general lack of care at the NHS is an entirely different matter. You might very well have a claim. The duty of care might have been breached meaning the health care professional/s did not provide the expected level of care. If you believe you deserve compensation you may have a medical negligence claim. Read more about how to claim against the NHS here.