>> This site is independent of the NHS and the Department of Health – We Cover England And Wales Only <<

Mistreatment of difficult birth

Helping people affected by NHS negligence. Call us today for free impartial advice.

Giving birth is one of life’s most exhilarating experiences but if things go wrong, it can be one of the most traumatic too. Although mercifully rare, when events go awry during childbirth, the consequences for mother and child can be severe.

Mistakes or omissions can occur

Medical practitioners have a significant responsibility to ensure that they do everything they can to prevent problems during labour. While some events are unavoidable, there are a number of key areas where key mistakes or omissions can occur.

These include the failure to perform a Caesarean section in time, or at all, failing to conduct or monitor an induced birth correctly, failing to properly monitor the condition of the unborn child to pick up signs of distress, or not picking up on any medical abnormalities in the newborn child. More generally, some of the methods and implements used in complicated births – such as forceps – can cause severe trauma to the child and its mother if applied unnecessarily or incorrectly.

Are you due traumatic birth compensation?

If you or your child have been affected by any of these medical errors, you may have a claim for medical negligence compensation. Read more>> how to sue for medical negligence

Can you make a claim?

Call for a free no obligation chat with our specialist malpractice lawyers

    NAME (required)

    EMAIL (required)

    PHONE (required)

    Your Message

    Can I sue the NHS?

    Before making a claim it is worth taking note of the following point.

    Check that your medical issues are grounds for negligence, and not a simple complaint procedure. Complaints about procedure dissatisfaction, or seeking an apology / admission for lack of care / treatment should go to PALS. Read more about suing the nhs.

    When you might have a claim

    Injury, continuous pain or loss due to the act of a practitioner or general lack of care at the NHS is an entirely different matter. You might very well have a claim. The duty of care might have been breached meaning the health care professional/s did not provide the expected level of care. If you believe you deserve compensation you may have a medical negligence claim. Read more about how to claim against the NHS here.